GIANTmicrobes

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Fun with the first test of the season

Getting back into the swing of things can be tough sometimes. I like to have a little more play and fun in the beginning of the school season, so that when we have to do serious stuff (because some history lessons are very serious) it's easier to get through once we've opened up the gates to learning.

I write a lot on Squidoo to reach other audiences as well as connect with other homeschoolers and teachers. Plus Squidoo gives me the opportunity to do some things more easily (read I don't have to learn too much CSS or HTML).

One of the modules I can use on a Squidoo lens is a quiz. I thought it would be fun to create some quizzes for different lessons for my son (because he loves doing things on the computer). I thought I could do history on it and make some of the answer choices absolutely and obviously crazy in order to make it more fun.

I had never tried the quiz module before, so in order to test it out, I created a silly little quiz on superheroes. He definitely got a kick out of it.

If you'd like to have a little fun with your kids before hitting the books (videos, software, etc.), go ahead and try it out. It's called Are you a superhero?

No comments:

Post a Comment